Saturday, June 21, 2008

My Baby, Shadow



This is my cat, whom I love VERY much!! She was born on my birthday in 2004 (my 9th birthday). She had 4 siblings, Brain, Deino, Ethan, Pumpkin and her, Rat (she was the runt).
We were all set on getting Pumpkin, but when he was left at the bottom of the sleeping pile and sufficated, we were crushed. What now? We settled on getting another cat from the litter. And it was MY choice! My siblings and mother wanted me to get Brain, the pretty, fluffy torteshell one, but NO. I loved Rat! Then- the day came. "if you really want to...." my mother started "you can get both!"
YAY!
We chose Brain and Rat and renamed them Shadow (Rat) and Paperclip (Brain), but then we changed Paperclip to Elliot.
We were allowed to take them home 8 weeks later.
I named Shadow "Shadow" because she is the shadow of her father (my best friends cat, Jib!). He is black where she is white and vice versa...
The mother of the litter is Lily, our next door neighbours cat (Deb).
She is now 3 turning 4 on Septmeber 20th and I haven't regreted getting her since!

No comments: