Friday, June 20, 2008

My Story

“Amelia!” my mother yells “Get out of bed!”
I roll over, but not before my mother yanks the covers off of me.
“Amelia!” she roars “we are going to be late!”
I groan, but I get out of bed. I rub my eyes and fumble for my clothes.
“Hurry up Amy!” she calls.
I blindly pull on my clothes and stumble into the bathroom. I pull a brush through my tangle of hair and pull it into a messy pony tail and hurry downstairs.
I rush into the kitchen to find to my mother holding my bag and lunch. I rush up to her and grab it. I wrap her into a hug and she whispers “It’s going to be O.K” into my ear. She kisses my forehead and breaks into an artificial smile.
“Now go! Or you’ll miss the bus!”
“Bye mum!” I call as I run out the door. I see the bus pulling out of May St and run to the bus stop. Just in time.
***
I look out the window of the bus.
“Hey!” I hear. I turn to see my best friend, Zephyr, plonk down beside me.
“Hey!” I cry and break into a smile.
“How’s it going at home?” she asks softly.
“Yeah...it’s O.K.” I reply, looking away.
“That good huh?” she asks.
“No really Zeph.” I turn to her “We’re managing.”
I suppose you want to know what’s going on. Well, my dad left a week ago. He got sick of us and then he just, well, left. Zephyr has been there for me the whole time.
I turn back to her.
“So” I say, changing the subject “Want to come to my place after school?”
“Yeah! Sure!" she replies.
***
This is only the beggining, but this is going to be one cool story written by yours truly!

No comments: